We have created a toolkit to help you navigate the process of medical deportation and further understand immigrants’ rights when entering and leaving a hospital. Click here to download our toolkit.
Components of the Advocate’s Toolkit:
- Emergency Medicaid Fact Sheet
- Emergency Medical Treatment & Active Labor Act (EMTALA) Fact Sheet
- PRUCOL: Medicaid Eligibility for Undocumented Immigrants
- Language Access Legal “Cheat Sheet”
- Know Your Rights: Medical Deportation & Your Federal Discharge Rights
- Know Your Rights: Medical Deportation & Your Discharge Rights in New Jersey
- Know Your Rights: Medical Deportation & Your Discharge Rights in New York
- Medical Repatriation Intake Form
- A model amicus brief on behalf of a person who is being subjected to medical deportation
- Discharge, Deportation, and Dangerous Journeys: A Study on the Practice of Medical Deportation | Executive Summary
Medical Deportation 101 Presentation
Click here to access an overview presentation highlighting legal research in the areas of hospital discharge planning and medical deportation in cases of uninsured immigrants needing long term care, with a focus on New York. This presentation was given in 2010 at the Diversity Rx Seventh National Conference on Quality Health Care for Culturally Diverse Populations.